Serotonin the body’s Happy Hormone is classified as a neurotransmitter and is what gives you a feeling of wellbeing and overall happiness. As long as we have all the proper co-factors, are absorbing our food properly and are not blocking the pathways by anti-nutrients, we can make it. So the question is, do you have what it takes?1. To absorb protein, we need enough HCL (stomach acid) in the gut, which needs a good supply of zinc, and B6 to be produced.
2. Zinc, magnesium, Folate (the active form of folic acid, iron, B3 (niacin), Vitamin C, B6 and calcium are needed to convert the amino acid tryptophan to serotonin.
Anti – Nutrients
Anti-oxidants, alcohol, smoking, medications such as the birth control bill and even over the counter pain meds, pollutants are heavy metals can all leach these important nutrients out of the body – leaving you feeling blue.
The Gut Link
The gut produces 2/3 of your body’s serotonin! No wonder there’s such a link to stomach inflammation disorders, anxiety and depression.
1. Dysbiosis (inflammation due to candida or other stomach overgrowth) - $20
3. Heavy metal challenge test with minerals or hair mineral analysis $85 – 150
4. Food sensitivity (causes inflammation in the gut) - $215 – 315
5. Blood or urine Candida test